RAMBLINGS OF A GRANDMOTHER

FAITH, HOPE and LOVE

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Week End of OOPS

I'm finally getting around to posting about our camping trip to Ohio. I have things a little out of order since I've already posted about how the trip ended. I was just feeling so bad about John Robert getting burned I didn't want to look at the pictures but after going
through all of them I remembered how great the trip was too.

Family is the most important thing in my life and I love getting together with family. When the opportunity came up to meet up with my brothers and sisters and all my kids and grandkids I was sooo excited. We would be able to celebrate Ella & Samantha's birthdays and everyone could meet Lily.We rented a "rustic" cabin in a KOA campground and my brothers and sisters in law brought their campers out for the week end. Our cabin was 5 steps away from the fishing lake, there was also a swimming lake and a playground. We also got lucky that it was "Christmas in July" and we got to see Santa and ride on a fire engine with him.My two sisters in law, Sue Ann & Susan. Not confusing at all for the kids to have two Aunt Sues.We brought the wagon with us and it came in very handy. Of course PaPa was always ready to take anyone for a ride. Even our niece's son went with him.Aunt Susan with Sami, she was so great with the kids, she should be a grandma.She even put Lily to sleep when the rest of us were busy working on John Robert's burns.
My sister, Cookie, looks pretty comfortable with Lily too.

Charlie & his "clone" Wyatt

My brother, Matthew, quit smoking cigarettes but took up smoking little cigars.
Look at his new truck!
Not sure who Tom was talking to since we were all there but look at that Grandpa multi tasking I'm not a fan of living things in the water I swim in so I sat on the beach with Lily.
We left some corn on the cob, not pealed on our porch overnight and we found these cobs stripped clean. OOPS, forgot we were in the country.

My brothers cooked us these three chickens all afternoon and it was HOT outside that day! Yes that's the infamous fire pit that John Robert fell into.PaPa was shelling the boys peanuts. Michele said she wasn't sure Wyatt could eat nuts, OOPSWe've been giving them to him at the house for months. The favorite game of the week end CHASEBubbles by PaPa, thanks Aunt Sue Ann Wyatt, so easily entertained by Aunt Nenni's "bouncy horse" knee.
Lily Jean & Mommy
John Robert's new hair cut Wyatt was in charge of the music

Uncle Mark toasting a marshmallow for John Robert Jennifer in her bunk

John Robert in his.
John Robert loves rocks :)

Thomas brought their dog, Ginger. Aunt Sue is allergic OOPS so Ginger spent most of the time on our bed looking out the window.



Aunt SueAnn & Ella planning a squirt gun attack.

Christmas in July at the campground.


They didn't catch anything but they did see a couple of other people catch some.
OOPS, yes he did fall in but only once.

John Robert loves ducks and there were plenty of them for him to feed.



It was soo hot all week end. Look at those cheeks. It's a good thing our "rustic" cabin had AC, no toilet but AC.
more chasingBreakfastTrying to catch Wyatt a fish
Look PaPa fish!


Ella loved this pink rock. It actually was made to look like a pig on the other side.
Look at that sweet face, little did I know she was planning on squirting me a second later.



The week end was filled with a lot. The weather was HOT, then it stormed each night. We got to meet up with family and celebrate and then John Robert had his accident. It will be a week end that we'll remember for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. HI!!!
    Oh my, that post looks like fun, and I am sure it was!!Families are the best and the more the merrier!!!Everyone sure looked like they were having fun, the sleeping pics were fun to me too, love John Robert's new hair do!!So cute!!!I loved that pink rock too and I know Ella loved it as well!!!WHo or what ate the corn????That is a scary thought, a bear ????NO---skunks???thats scary too!!!
    have a great week
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete