RAMBLINGS OF A GRANDMOTHER

FAITH, HOPE and LOVE

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 23, 2012

When One Door Closes

When Charlie walked in our house in the middle of the day in the middle of the week I knew. Not the details but I knew my son was closing another door. His and Michele's plan to get a fresh start in Maryland after moving away for a couple of years wasn't going to go the way they had planned. At his 90 day review they told him he wasn't Volkswagen material and that he could go home early and not to come back. After working 60 hours a week as a Service Advisor he just didn't sell enough. Now our 31 year old son was unemployed with a wife & two children. Yes, this happens to good, hard working people.
My heart aches.When he got married and asked me what song I wanted for the Mother/Son dance I thought right away about Rascal Flatts' song 'My Wish'. He knew the song and loved it right away. I even had programs printed for the Rehersal Dinner with the lyrics. In part it says I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,And each road leads you where you want to go,And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.And if one door opens to another door closed,I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window. I was so proud when he took the bull by the horns and moved his little family away to try to make a better life for them. I was sad that it didn't work out the way he had planned but was happy to be living in the same state as them again. Now he searches for his next open window. He has a supportive wife who went right out and got a waitressing job and in laws that have opened up their home to them for as long as they need it. He's on unemployment and has registered for a year long program in Auto Mechanics with tuition assistance. I hope it leads him to where he wants to go.
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,

No comments:

Post a Comment