RAMBLINGS OF A GRANDMOTHER

FAITH, HOPE and LOVE

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Break

Watching the fish at the aquarium

Playing Go Fish in the hotel



At the zoo





Room Service (yes, it's ice cream)

What a great week but had I known it was also Spring break . . . I guess we still would have gone but it was crazy with kids everywhere. Anyway, Tom came back from a week in Seattle just to turn around and drive to Georgia for a conference. It looked like fun so Ella and I went along. We took two days getting there and besides the traffic in Virginia which we always have had it was a great trip. Ella and I were on our own to see the sights and we kept busy even meeting a friend that we knew in Kentucky with her triplets at the zoo. We stayed at the Omni Hotel in the CNN building, very hooty snooty but the room was ordinary and to Ella's disappointment the pool was broken. It was a major production to go anywhere since the place was so big and we had to wait for the valet to get the car any time we wanted to go anywhere. We tried walking the first day since we were in the heart of the city but it was unseasonably cold and we weren't prepared (I packed Spring clothes not Winter clothes!). It did warm up when we went to the zoo and we had a wonderful day! Watching a movie with PaPa 3D
"friends" at the hotel

This week end promises to be busy with church and then dinner/egg hunt with the whole family at Jen's house. I missed Jack & Wyatt so much this week, I can't wait to see them but I came home with a horrible cold so I guess I'll just have to sit back & watch. Friday we leave again for Ohio. Tom's Dad & wife Ruth are renewing their vows. They have been married for 25 years and think it's time to get married in a church. Friday is also the 2nd anniversary of my dad's death and I think I'll feel closer to him there. By the way anyone want to buy a condo in Ohio, we haven't sold his yet.
I want to mention a very sweet thing that Thomas did for Tom and I. On my mother's last day she asked my sister to have the song "On Eagles Wings" played at her funeral. It is taken from the book of Isaiah and in part is:
Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,they will walk and not be faint.
I use this as my signature on my E-mails. It is also the scripture that Jennifer's school used to take the eagle as a mascot which by cooincidence was also Thomas & Charlie's mascot. Knowing what it meant to me he had sweatshirts made for Tom and I with an eagle and Isaiah 40 31 printed. Thanks Thomas We Love You

1 comment:

  1. We had a wonderful time at the Zoo! So sorry about your cold and hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete