RAMBLINGS OF A GRANDMOTHER

FAITH, HOPE and LOVE

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 11, 2009

A Christmas Memory

No, the house is not on fire This was how my mother "decorated" the house where I spent most of my childhood. It was over a hundred years old and was beautiful with hardwood floors and high ceilings (my brothers used to have contests to see who could jump up and touch the ceiling, leaving dirty fingerprints where they couldn,t be cleaned). The part that sold my mother on it was that it had 13 rooms and six of them were bedrooms. With five children and her mother moving in it was a dream for her. Of course the fact that it was the coldest house in the world (in MY opinion) with NO heat in the bedrooms and only 1 and 3/4 baths for eight people didn,t matter that much to her. They got it for a steal in 1969 for $20,000 and sold it for $80,000 in 1984. She really wanted to sell it to another large family but it really was a lot of house for one family. It ended up being split up into offices and I get sad when we drive past it now and remember what it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment