RAMBLINGS OF A GRANDMOTHER

FAITH, HOPE and LOVE

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm Too Young to be This Old

FOURTH GRANDCHILD

FIRST GRANDCHILD 2004

MY PARENTS & BROTHERS & SISTERS 2000

RED SQUARE WITH THOMAS 1993

MOM & DAUGHTERS


BROWNIE LEADER 33 YEARS

DISNEY

WITH THE BOYS

WITH JENNIFER 25 YEARS OLD

PREGNANT WITH CHARLIE 20 YEARS OLD
DATING 1976
I started this blog for my grandchildren. So that they could go back and see what my life was like as they were growing up. Lately I haven't been posting much because I'm having a hard time being "entertaining". I guess I should just spit it out and say I'm a little depressed of late. I'm actually having some small anxiety attacks when thinking about the future.
So where is it all coming from? Tom. He and his doctors have decided that he can't go back to work. EVER. That means disability RETIREMENT. I'm scared and confused. This is not what we planned our 50's to be. I can't even believe I'm saying our FIFTIES. When did we get old? Aren 't we supposse to get wiser with age? I don't feel like I have. I'm still making mistakes and I don't know all the answers.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy!!!!
    No you are Not old, NO we are Not young either, but the new 50's is like the old 40's!!! I know life doesn't go the way we had planned or hoped for some times, but I know you will make it work. My brother in law was a Pilot with delta airlines for just over 30 years when he had a massive heart attack, after a by pass, he jsut could not get healthy enough to fly again, so they were forced to take Disability as well, going from over 300,000.00 per year to under 100,000.00, but like my sister said, yes, a few more years to get ready would have been nice, but I love having him here more thne those few more years where he may not have made it. She said I'll live in a tent as long AS I live with him, so be Glad he is alive and can be there with you and the family. God will Provide and take care of everything. Sometimes we don't see that answer at first, change is hard for everyone, I am one of those!!!!
    I will be Praying for you for peace during this time.
    Stay out of all that terrible snow as Obama called it snowmaggedden!!!! he is so funny--NOT!!!!!
    Be safe and stay warm!!!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The days crawled by and the years flew past before we knew it! But look at the wonderful gifts you have given the world...happy, healthy children and grandchildren! The greatest gift you gave them was your love for Tom and his love for you through the good times and through the tough times--they knew they were loved and that you loved each other. Looking at your photos, I can see that grace in the faces of your family...what a blessing! Could you even have imagined what your life would be when you were young? Now you have wonderful stories to tell to eager young ears!

    ReplyDelete