RAMBLINGS OF A GRANDMOTHER

FAITH, HOPE and LOVE

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 21, 2010

Look Who Has a Tattoo

When our son was in college and got a tattoo he called me and wanted me to tell his father because he was always threatened them with their life if they ever got a tattoo or a piercings. When we were talking about it I said I didn't mind so much and I thought I might even like one myself. He looked at me as if I had said I killed someone and he said "I don't even know who you are" and that was that until . . .

When my dad was dying we all did a lot of thinking and he just wanted to do something out of character. He decided on a buffalo since in the army he was a scout and in the early days scouts were called Buffalo Soldiers. He even has a small buffalo collection. We started searching for just the right one and came up with this one. The KDT 52 was added later for our names Kathy & Tom Dennison and his football number when we met. We later found a real Buffalo Soldier so he got it put on his other arm. I love this picture it hangs in our bathroom. There's one of me too in the tub but I'll save that for another day.

Here is an up close of the buffalo. He had the Kiddo X30 added for our 30th wedding anniversary. He used to call me Kiddo.

The second buffalo was so big that a bandage like the one below (looks like a garbage bag) wouldn't fit so they actually wrapped it in Saran wrap. Don't you love the masking tape holding the bandage on!

Tom has an uncommon dislike for spiders so we like to buy him things with spiders on them. He even wears a silver one on a chain around his neck. When he got the tattoo bug he decided his second one should be a spider and he surprised me with this one, sans names.


When we started having grandchildren he wanted to get something for each one so he gets a spider each time we add a new grandchild. Lily was the one he just got, you can see the masking tape marks.


Here is MY one and only. A simple cupcake in honor of my father since I was his little cupcake

1 comment:

  1. HI!!!
    I love the cupcake one and the meaning for it!!!Your hubby and the spiders, that scares me, I hate spiders, my Son in law had a scorpion tattoo and after my hubby got bit he had it removed, well tattooed over with a fish, but now his arm is covered and I no longer see the fish or the cross!!!!
    Hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete