RAMBLINGS OF A GRANDMOTHER

FAITH, HOPE and LOVE

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 19, 2010

My Parent's Honeymoon

My parents were married in 1953 and celebrated their 50th anniversary the year before my mother died. They loved each other and rarely argued but no one could deny that they did pick on each other a good amount. LOL
It warms my heart to look at these pictures and peek into their early love. I don't know much about their young love except that his sister, my Aunt Syl, was friends with my mother and asked her to write to my father who was stationed in Korea as an Army truck mechanic. They were both the baby of the family and were raised by single mothers. He was raised on the wrong side of the tracks by an older mother and some alcoholic siblings. He considered himself a tough guy. She was raised by a hard working Catholic mother with the help of two older brothers, three aunts and some very loving nuns. To think without these two young people falling in love we wouldn't even exist.
These pictures were taken on their honeymoon at a cottage in the Pocono Mountains in PA.



















1 comment:

  1. HI!!!
    Oh what treasures!!!How wonderful and it is so nice to know our families history!!!I have been to the Pocono mountains, not for a romantic honeymoon, but a dinner, on our long road trip back in 1994!!!!
    So very pretty though!!!
    So glad they fell in love and stayed in love for 50 years!!!!
    Great role models!!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete